December 2016 Teaching Letter - A New and Living Way
A New and Living Way
2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Romans 6:4, "Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in the newness of life." Ephesians 4:15, "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ." Hebrews 10:10, "By the which we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." We are sanctified by the offering of the body of the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 1:30, "But of him are you in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption." The word "sanctified" in the Greek, means holy, purified, and declared blameless. Notice from Hebrews 10:10, that this sanctification happened once for all.
We are perfected by the offering of the blood of Jesus. The word "perfected" in the Greek, means completed or finished. Hebrews 10:14, "For by one offering he has perfected for ever them that are sanctified." The shedding of the blood of Jesus was once for all. As a result, his laws are written in our hearts and in our minds. Hebrews 10:15-16. He never remembers our past, spiritually dead condition, or our sinfulness. Hebrews 10:17, "And their sins and iniquities I will remember no more." It is finished. John 19:30. No further offering is required. Our sins are gone forever. Hebrews 10:18, "Now where there is remission, there is no more offering for sin." We can now go directly into the presence of God by the blood of Jesus. Hebrews 10:19, "Having therefore boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus." Hebrews 4:16 tells us, to boldly come to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. It is a new and living way, which has been given through the flesh of Jesus. Hebrews 10:20, "By a new and living way, which he has consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh."
As Christians, we now bear the heavenly image of Jesus Christ Himself. Romans 8:29, "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren." Our hearts have now been purified by the blood of Jesus. Hebrews 10:22, “Let us draw near with a true heart, in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed in pure water." By faith, we can now draw near to God and cleanse our flesh, that is, live holy lives by the washing of the water of the word. Ephesians 5:25-27, "That he might sanctify it (the church) and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present to himself a glorious church without spot or wrinkle.”
Facts About the Blood of Jesus
1) Romans 5:9, "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him."
2) Ephesians 1:7, “In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace."
3) Hebrews 9:22, “And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." The word "remit" means to send away or to blot out. Our sins have been blotted out, erased, and God does not remember our sinful past because of the blood of Jesus.
4) Revelation 1:5, "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood." We are washed in the blood of Jesus, and freed from the filth of evil. Isaiah 1:18, "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." The blood of Jesus is cleansing blood. 1 John 1:7, “If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin." This is not talking about walking without sin. To walk in the light is to be born-again. John 12:46, "I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on me should not abide in darkness."
5) Ephesians 2:13, "But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Jesus." This is reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19-21. The wall between God and humanity has been broken down by the blood of Jesus.
6) His blood is speaking on our behalf. Hebrews 12:24, "And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.” Abel’s blood cried out for vengeance. Jesus’ blood cries out for mercy.
7) Satan has been disarmed of his authority or right over man, and of this realm in which we now live. Colossians 2:15, "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a public spectacle of them triumphing over them in it (the cross).” The word "spoiled" means disarmed. Jesus triumphed over the devil. Now we triumph over the devil.
8) The blood of Jesus is overcoming blood. Revelation 12:11, "And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.” Romans 8:37, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us."