Series:People of No Compromise – 1 Cor. 9:24
Great sacrifice without reservation or compromise.
Successful Christian life consists of three essentials:
1) A knowledge of the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ by which words must be the final authority. John 6:63.
versus 47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe I do not judge him: for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world
Series:People of No Compromise – 1 Cor. 9:24
As Christians we have two prime directives.
1) Love God
2) Love others
The way to do that is to do onto others as you would have them do unto you. Matthew 7:12
1) You must have availability. The characteristic of your life is availability. If you want God to use you get busy. Most Christians are too busy about
“stuff” or “things” than to be busy for God.
2) Compassion. If you don’t have compassion you won’t be available.
3) Dominion. If you do not get the spirit of Dominion you will remain ineffective.
Mark 5:25-34 “Now a certain woman had a flow of blood for 12 years, and has suffered many things from many physicians. She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came behind Him in the crowd and touched His garment. For she said, if only I may touch His clothes, I shall be made well. Immediately the fountain of her blood was dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction. And Jesus, immediately knowing in Himself that power had gone out of Him turned around in the crowd and said, who touched my clothes?
There are only two sources:
God and the devil.
Good and evil.
Life and death.
Blessing and cursing.
Light and darkness.
Kingdom of God and kingdom of Satan.
Acts 10:38; John 10:10.
Oppression and freedom.
Sickness and health.
There are three variables, three wills, three spirits. God, Satan, and man. There is the will of God, the will of Satan, and the will of man. There is the Spirit of God, the spirit of the world, and the spirit of man. 1Corinthians 2:9-12
There are two types of wisdom. 1 Corinthians 2:6-7.
The question that is often brought up concerning healing is whose responsibility is it for healing to take place? First off, it is incorrect and not in accordance with the New Testament to put the responsibility on the candidate for healing. The only responsibility that the Gospels and the book of Acts and the Epistles put on the candidate is to come.
Proverbs 18:21 “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.”
Deuteronomy 30:19 “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both you and your seed may live:”
Isaiah 55:11 “So shall my word be that goes forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereunto I sent it.”
Jesus is the prototype of the Spirit-filled life. The book of Acts is the Disciples of Christ receiving what Jesus received to do what He did. Acts 10:38. Acts 1:8 is the key to not only the book of Acts but the Christian life. It tells of the transforming intent of the power of the Spirit Baptism and then directs us where to apply that power. You can tell how much the church is living the Spirit-filled life by seeing the change in the geographical areas assigned to it.
Luke 4:33-37, 9:1-2, 10:1, 9, 17-20.
In order to operate in the power of the Holy Spirit we must understand power and authority. The real power of the church is not in:
1) Modern buildings or unique methods of preaching or teaching.
2) Great wealth or how wealth is used.
3) the church’s popularity or prominence.
You can always recognize a Holy Spirit empowered Church by:
1) Evangelism-when the church doesn’t win souls the Holy Spirit is grieved.
4) Turn the world upside down.
Once hands had been laid on you according to the Word of God the power of the Lord Jesus Christ has been imparted unto you. To insure the most effectiveness of this impartation there are post-ministry instructions that should be followed. The Scriptures clearly tell us that the prayer of faith shall save or heal the sick. Therefore, it is imperative that you do your part, which is as follows:
1. Do not speak any words that do not agree with the Scriptures and/or the prayer of faith which was spoken over you.
John 19:30. It is finished and as a result it is forever gone.
1) The old man, the old nature is dead. The new man the new nature is made alive. Romans 6:6 w/ 2 Corinthians 5:17.
2) Satan is defeated, his works destroyed. 1 John 3:8. “He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.” John 14:12-14. Our responsibility is to enforce Jesus’ victory.